I use buses and especially trolleybuses every day. For me, they are mostly just vehicles that carry me from one place to another. But like every other thing in life, they also create feelings in me. And the feelings are mixed.
On one hand, having to wait for them and depend on them is quite nerve-racking. What bothers me the most, is that the when I get on a trolley, nothing of the forthcoming depends on me. I can not control the speed nor the route, I can just exit at stopping points. Wondering if I make it to my destination on time makes me restless and sullen. Even without haste, I often feel bored and useless having to sit at one spot and wait for my stop.
On the other hand, it is the only cheap way to get from place to place. It is the time I think about my day and clear my thoughts, the time for myself. Sometimes, the best ideas come in public transport. And if I feel useless, I can do my homework. Trolleys are also the shelter from rain, snow and cold, at the same time creating a good feeling that I am on my way and soon to be at my destination. In the evenings, feeling soon at home relaxes me and I often allow myself a small nap.
Having to use trolleys on a daily basis means that I have probably sat in every seat position in them. That is why I chose to depict myself in every seat and also because although I like observing strangers when I am bored, I often do not notice other people because I am too busy with my own thoughts. A man outside the trolley got in one of the pictures accidentally, but I decided to keep him as a symbol of humane curiosity that often spurs me too, for example to observe strangers like mentioned in the preceding.
Lotta Hiie

Väga äge
ReplyDelete5++ see on nii äge
ReplyDelete